Membership is free for subpostmasters.
As a member you will have access to support and advice to help you in your work.
Using the expert guidance available, you'll be able to maximise the income from your post office and retail business.
Joining the NFSP also means you become part of a community of subpostmasters operating post offices all over the country.
Click on the arrows to find out more
Your free membership means you'll have access to advice and support to help you run a successful business.
Whether you operate a rural village post office or a busy urban office, today’s competitive environment is challenging.
As a member of the NFSP you’ll have:
- Local NFSP Branch/Regional Secretaries to support you.
- Access to NFSP WhatsApp and Facebook groups.
- Regular updates about the sector and running your business.
- A print magazine specifically for subpostmasters delivered to your door.
- Support to help understand and correctly implement mails segregation from a team of experts.
- Access to specialist retail advice.
You'll benefit from:
- A dedicated team negotiating with Post Office Ltd on your behalf on pay, terms and conditions.
- A collective voice representing subpostmasters to the UK government, parliament and devolved administrations.
- A national structure ensuring your views can be heard, culminating in a yearly national conference.
- A mechanism to raise public awareness of the crucial role subpostmasters play in the community.
You'll have access to:
- A monthly magazine The SubPostmaster to keep you up to date on the latest news and business opportunities.
- WhatsApp and Facebook groups to share advice and information with colleagues.
- A national network of branches. Subpostmasters run the local branches and hold meetings where you can exchange ideas with others facing the same challenges as you.
- Branch secretaries to provide you with local advice and support in your relationship with Post Office Ltd.
You'll save money from:
- Ideas and suggestions for new products and services to try, plus exclusive deals with NFSP business partners.
- Free public liability insurance for qualifying community offices.
- Free personal injury insurance for subpostmasters and their staff in the event of an attack.
- Free tax and investigation insurance and UK tax advice helpline for business and/or personal tax affairs.
- NFSP+ a benefit scheme offering savings and discounts on everyday purchases and activities.
- A free family legal document service offering online access to templates relating to personal affairs.
You'll be able to access:
- The advice and emotional support of NFSP representatives in your local area.
- Representation if you encounter contractual issues or difficulties
- Practice retail advice and support.
- Support and advice on Mails from our Mail Segregation Team.
- A dedicated helpline to assist with employment issues.
- A relief scheme giving you the chance to take that well earned holiday.
- A Benevolent Fund to assist current and former subpostmasters in times of difficulty. The Fund also offers a trauma counselling service.
“Being a member of the NFSP is like your insurance policy. You don’t know how good it is until you need it and the federation was able to provide help when it was most required.”
Sunil Sood, Knightswood Post Office
“Subpostmasters are all having to work harder so we need a strong voice getting to the top levels of government, parliament and Post Office Ltd, and the NFSP is the only way to achieve that”.
Jim Nott, Eastwood Boulevard Post Office
Join the NFSP