Click on the arrows to find out more
We are committed to protecting and promoting the interests of subpostmasters. Whether you run a rural village post office or a busy urban office, we are here to provide advice, assistance and support to you in your work as a subpostmaster, in your relationship with Post Office Ltd and your associated retail business.
Running a Post Office branch in today’s increasingly competitive environment is challenging. The NFSP is here to help you build a successful retail business.
- A dedicated team to negotiate with Post Office Ltd on your behalf on pay, terms and conditions.
- A collective voice to represent subpostmasters to the UK government, parliament and devolved administrations.
- A national structure to ensure your views can be heard, culminating in a yearly national conference.
- A mechanism to raise public awareness of the crucial role subpostmasters play in the community.
- A monthly magazine The SubPostmaster to keep you up to date on the latest news and business opportunities.
- An online forum – forum.nfsp.org.uk for you to share advice and information with colleagues.
- A national network of branches. Subpostmasters run the local branches and hold meetings where you can exchange ideas with others facing the same challenges as you.
- Branch secretaries to provide you with local advice and support in your relationship with Post Office Ltd.
- Ideas and suggestions for new products and services to try, plus exclusive deals with NFSP business partners.
- Free public liability insurance for qualifying community offices.
- Free personal injury insurance for subpostmasters and their staff in the event of an attack.
- Free tax and investigation insurance and UK tax advice helpline for business and/or personal tax affairs.
- NFSP+ a benefit scheme offering savings and discounts on everyday purchases and activities.
- A free family legal document service offering online access to templates relating to personal affairs.
- The advice and emotional support of NFSP representatives in your local area.
- Representation if you encounter contractual issues or difficulties
- Practice retail advice and support.
- Support and advice on Mails from our Mail Segregation Team.
- A dedicated helpline to assist with employment issues.
- A relief scheme giving you the chance to take that well earned holiday.
- A Benevolent Fund to assist current and former subpostmasters in times of difficulty. The Fund also offers a trauma counselling service.
Join the NFSP
“Being a member of the NFSP is like your insurance policy. You don’t know how good it is until you need it and the federation was able to provide help when it was most required.”
Sunil Sood, Knightswood Post Office
“Subpostmasters are all having to work harder so we need a strong voice getting to the top levels of government, parliament and Post Office Ltd, and the NFSP is the only way to achieve that”.
Jim Nott, Eastwood Boulevard Post Office